Wednesday, August 20, 2014

losT iN aislE 9

Has this ever happened to you??  I'm in the store yesterday, the store name isn't important but if you must know it sounds like safeplay.. And we are doing our normal getting of the weeks groceries and I'm next to the deli and I look at something in the display there and just was looking at nothing in particular and I blink and bring my gaze up and look around and think.. "where am I?"...  For just a split second I was lost in...  And for that long I thought is this what dementia is like...  Very scary..


Well got the documentary "End of The Century" watched last night.. Extremely good movie, and really as I said in another entry, the Punk rock movement happened without me.. I was into groups that were the opposite of what they were about.. For instance they played many songs, some thirty songs in an 80 minute set.. Where side two of "The Song Remains The Same" which is the song (singular) Dazed and Confused, the Ramones would have had fifteen songs in that space..  I really like Dazed and Confused but also like to hear more variety in that same amount of time.. On end of the century we got to see the band go from nothing to a group that would tour the world excessively.. Twenty plus years of nonstop touring would go through three drummers and see their original bass player finally  be overwhelmed by his drug addiction.. The most productive heroine addict ever in my books.. How he could play that way and be that messed up is beyond me.. Heroine is the zombie of zombie drugs.. And yet Dee Dee seemed unfazed by it's effects... Not that I think highly of him.. He died shortly after the band broke up of... An overdose..  I guess when you are killing yourself gradually that the day comes when your body takes the hint..   But overall I liked the movie.. It showed how here in America, an American band can work their ass of and play to the same club sized crowds where everywhere else in the world they played would be stadiums full..


I started watching this years Ice Road Truckers recently and I am to the polar vortex episodes.. Where Lisa is stuck in a drift now and so is dumbass Art.. Will they survive??  Well you know they will, the footage was either found after they died (unlikely) or they made it.. Yea, they lived to see tomorrow.. How seemingly stupid are they for going on these runs in that kind of blizzard conditions?? Well not really that  stupid when you consider that they have a satcom cell phones that one of these guys said "duh I shoulda learned to use it before now"... DUH    NO SHIT ART...  Wasn't Art that said that but might be him as well.. But they have the television company team there as well.. They have state of the art communication/tracking/GPS technology.. They aren't gonna die and neither are the subjects they are filming.. The show is becoming a joke.. Who is stupid enough to risk their lives to run to the "most desolate area on Earth"...  They really aren't risking that much.. I'd almost bet that they check the ice thickness on the lakes they cross..  Just very predictable is what I'm saying..

Badge Henry


No comments:

Post a Comment